Location: Remote/Hybrid with offices in Palo Alto/San Francisco
Reports to: CEO and COO
Hours per week (average): 40 hours per week
Overtime Status: Exempt
About the Organization
The Asian American Foundation (TAAF) is a convener, incubator, and investor committed to accelerating opportunity and prosperity for the AAPI community. TAAF supports the ecosystem of advocates and organizations committed to AAPI causes so that together we can more effectively take action against hate and violence, and build the infrastructure needed to improve AAPI advocacy, power, and representation across American society. We were founded to solve for the longstanding lack of investment and resources provided to the AAPI community — particularly as anti-AAPI hate and violence persist at alarming rates. We strive to be a catalyzing force for creating a permanent and irrevocable sense of belonging for the 23 million Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders across the United States. TAAF is an operating foundation. Learn more at taaf.org.
About the Role
We are seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to join our team. The EA’s primary areas of responsibility will be to support the CEO and COO in scheduling, logistics, administration, and other special projects as required. The ideal candidate for this position should be extremely detail-oriented, highly organized, a strong communicator, and passionate about serving the Asian American and PacificIslander community.
- Provide executive leadership with extensive and continuous calendar management, travel
management, expense management, event registrations and detailed meeting plan
management, and all other executive support.
- Arrange virtual and in-person meetings, events, appointments with supporting materials as
- Ensure that executive leadership is informed of priorities, deadlines and challenges. Assist
executive leadership in tracking key operational metrics by organizing and compiling data,
researching facts, and coordinating information retrieval.
- Independently perform special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative
needs and technical operations.
- Respond to a wide variety of requests for information, policies and procedures, and executive
action. Analyze needs and problems and determine approach and priority.
- Assist with contract administration as needed including obtaining signatures, scanning and
- Utilize efficient time management with the nuances of complex administrative assistance at the
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of team and company information.
- Operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Available at various hours for business-related tasks during regular business working hours and
periodically during off-hours (evenings and weekends).
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting administrative functions at the executive level
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and operate with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to show and demonstrate on a consistent basis initiative, professionalism and poise
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality in all aspects of services provided
- College education is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a wide variety of internal
and external stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, including report writing, presentations, email
correspondence and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience using G-suite applications
- Excellent calendar management skills and demonstrated history of complex scheduling with
consistent follow through
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; demonstrated history of successfully managing
multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to effectively exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary
- Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness are essential
- Primarily 9am-5pm PST; requires occasional weekend, off-hours, or evening work.
Compensation and Benefits
- TAAF provides competitive compensation and benefits including health insurance (including
dental and vision) and a 403b retirement plan to all employees.
- Salary range for this position is $50K-$70K
To apply, please email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT-[your name]” in the subject line. Please submit the following:
Equal Opportunity Employer
TAAF is deeply committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable place to work. We encourage people of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives to apply.